Chesil Edge – Portland, Dorset
A stunning and unique development of 20 contemporary and versatile new and converted houses.
The Edge offers a mix of 2 and 3 bedroom homes finished to a high standard of specification, carefully designed to take full advantage of the stunning location and sea views.
Just 100 metres from the water’s edge this development enjoys an elevated and unique position alongside the historic Jurassic coast, benefitting from direct access to the coastal path and Chesil Cove below. It is ideally located overlooking Chiswell, a small fishing village at the southern end of Chesil Beach in Underhill on the Isle of Portland.
Chesil Edge is located at the northern end of the Isle of Portland, enjoying an elevated position alongside the stunning Jurassic Coast, within easy reach of local amenities, eateries, with the sea and beach literally on your doorstep.
A range of 2 and 3 bedroom new homes, built using modern building methods whilst retaining local materials to compliment the surrounding area, providing contemporary living accommodation all set within landscaped gardens.
The former Underhill school building which dates back to 1914, will be rebuilt and renovated into 5 houses restoring this landmark building back to life.
The development has been thoughtfully designed to create comfortable homes with practical and well thought out living space, whilst maintaining a strong link to this unique and historic location with stunning sea views.
All of the properties will benefit from landscaped gardens, allocated parking and most will benefit from sea views.
Externals / External Finishes
- Steel gates
- Brick paving to front gardens with turfed rear gardens
- Patios and paths laid in slab
- Self-coloured render
- Walls – brick and reconstituted stone cills
- Roof tiles – Fibre cement slates
- Guttering – UPVC Black
- Front doors – Composite GRP fibrecolour
- Windows – Low profile coloured UPVC
- Rear bi-fold or sliding doors matching colour of window frames
- Weatherboarding – Eternit cedral lap
- BT points are fitted to the lounge, family room, study, bed 1 and bed 2, Main BT router point to be based in under stairs cupboard
- TV points are fitted to the lounge, family room, study, bed 1 and bed 2 with wiring to communal satellite and digital terrestrial TV system
- Mains operated smoke, heat and carbon monoxide alarm with battery backup fitted to hallway and landing
- External recessed down-light (in porch) or coach light fitted to the front
- Rear external lights
- Electric car charging point